Visa & Immigration Information

How to Obtain a Student Visa

After receiving your I-20 A-B and admission letter from the English Language Institute, you will need to apply for your student visa at the nearest US Embassy or US Consulate. Be sure to take the following documents with you:

  • Your Form I-20 A-B
  • Admission letter
  • Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months)
  • Financial support documents

If your spouse and/or dependent child is accompanying you to the United States, he/she must also apply for a dependent (F-2) visa. Therefore, you should also present the following documents:

  • Spouse/child's passport (must be valid for at least 6 months)
  • Additional financial support documents
  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificate for child(ren)
  • You should also check to see if an Exit Permit and/or Health Clearance Certificate is required by your country

Link to US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement - Student/Exchange Visitors