American Pronunciation and Clear Communication - Main Campus
January 9 - April 24, 2019
This course is designed to address the communication needs of the advanced level, non-native English-speaking professional and is intended for individuals who want to reduce pronunciation errors in their spontaneous as well as prepared speech.
Included in the course are:
- Instruction in American pronunciation: stress, rhythm, intonation, pausing and linking, and articulation of sounds
- Practice in formal and informal presentations
- Digitally-recorded speech segments
- Individualized feedback of pronunciation and overall comprehensibility
- Initial and end-of-term individualized speech profile summaries and weekly inventory of progress
- Remote-access language lab
Classes begin on January 9, 2019 and end on April 24, 2019.
Classes meet Wednesdays from 5:30-8:30 p.m. on Wayne State University's Main Campus in Manoogian Hall, Room 160.
Resident Tuition: $1,070.65 Non-Resident Tution: $2,063.57
Current tuition based on 2 credit hours of undergraduate 2018-19 tuition plus fees. Tuition based on residency status and subject to change according to University policy.
If you are interested in taking this course, please complete the American Pronunciation and Clear Communication Registration Form. Application must be received two weeks prior to course beginning date. You must attend the first class meeting; you will be registered by the ELI Main Office after attending the first class.
Questions? Call (313) 577-2729 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.